CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

15

I really don't know what to say. Today I have the opportunity to celebrate 15 years of marriage with Kel. My first instinct was to go on and on about my beautiful wife - which I will do. First let me say that without the Lord of my life this wouldn't be possible. Every marriage has challenges and ours is no different. We honestly had a point in our marriage that it could have gone either way as far as us still being together. I don't say this to be negative on such a great day but to be realistic and humble. Our marriage is successful because of our love and belief in God. I knew when I was going to blog about this day that credit to God should be the first thing I give.
My wife is exciting to say the least. I can really get into these patterns of habits. I love to do the same thing and be consistent with my life. Different days, I do the same things. Mondays - go to Rob's, Tuesd. Kel goes out, Wed. youth group night, you all see where this is going. I'm convinced thats why I have Kel. She respects the fact that I'm lost without predictability - I can't function when plans change. She still makes things exciting, in my very Dr. Spock (the star trek dude not the other dude who writes books about kids) like way of thinking. Her sense of humor is the best for me. No one gets my sarcasm like her. People think this guy is weird - and she gets the exact things I'm poking fun at. It also takes a special woman that can tell you how good you look then a half an hour later say "what wrong with your hair?" She challenges me daily and is patient in the same 24 hour period. Trust me I'm a moody, selfish, immature handful - just ask her friends - but she loves me and is patient. I think the thing to say is we all are flawed but finding someone to love us and make us feel special is rare - and I have that!

Love you Kel

Later

1 comments:

Alyssa Turner said...

Happy Anniversary guys!!! That is so awesome!