CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Syrian Man Butchers Baby Nephew in Supermarket
Pregnant Woman Killed in Texas Park Brawl
Phoenix Teen Admits Killing Father for Restricting His Use of MySpace
Baby Drowns in Tub After Mother Falls Asleep
Hunt Is on for Killer of Auburn University Freshman Murdered Near Campus

These were five of the 16 stories under the latest news heading on Fox news.com I understand its a national news web site but still - these headings are apparently what attract viewers to the web site. I think I got depressed just reading the headings. Its just really a sad world at times. Again I know anyone can pick these headings out on web sites but this was the first thing I saw on foxnews and it just struck me as being depressing. Why not a story about something positive. There has to be some "latest news" on positive things - right? I don't know maybe I'm depressed because Favre retired but what a beat down of a front page to a web site!

My wife leaves today (with Evan) to go to Cali. We will miss her - poor Jeff, Alec and Owen. This weekend I go to OU to play a scrimmage all day with my college girls. I'm taking Alec and O is staying with our friends. Then we have a club team coming in on Sunday and I have to find someone else to watch the poor two year old. Well at least I'm not going to Dallas for club games both days.

I survived my operation. They cut a four inch line in my side to get out a lil lump. Apparently they had to dig deep to make sure it was all out. I have been a tad sore the last couple of days. Kelly has been very good taking care of me. The boys think the stitches are cool - so I got that working for me. Note to others: don't take two Darvocet on an empty stomach. Its hard to function to say the least.

Later

0 comments: