CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Strengths Quest

Howdy all you peeps out there. We are now in finals week here in Wichita Falls @ Midwestern State University. There is not a more exhilarating time of year for my job. The excitement of coming to work to check emails (20 minutes), the joy of talking to co-workers (I'm nonsocial- 20 minutes) and the lunch hour (hour an half). You can't buy consistency in this job. 3 months of non stop practices, games, team issues and travel. Then two months on nothinggg. Followed by three months of Spring soccer which is basically low maintenance. Then throw in four months of club games, recruiting, camps, and tournaments. I guess the point I'm making is ...its very hot and cold. I love it, am used to it but still its unique.
I took a strengths Quest test. My Boss in the Student Center gives these out to most of the University. Basically its a personality test that is tied into how we will do our jobs. There are 34 different categories and they give you the top five. Here they are for all to see. Jeff Trimble opening his soul for the world to examine. (the world being the four people that still read this - thanks family).

Context
I understand the present by examining the past. The present to me is unstable so I base decisions on the past events in my life.
Deliberative
I am careful. I am a private person and feel that the world is an unpredictable place. Life is viewed as a minefield. If others choose to run through it recklessly that's their decision. I choose to walk with care.
Individualization
I try to find the unique qualities in others. I ask a lot of questions of others to identify why they do and who they are. This way I can have a unique opinion of others.
Consistency
Good grief this is easily me - hello - I eat the same thing at the same restaurants without fail. I will pass out if Kel makes a new meal some nights. I have broken down like a 8 year old school girl if a night differs from the expectation of that morning. I need to know at 9am how the rest of my day will go - No changes!
Restorative
I love to solve problems. I get energized by finding what is wrong and setting about on the solution. I do like to play Scatagories because I have never won at it and want to solve that stupid game!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I still read your blog. Nce to see your bared soul!!!

Alyssa said...

I also am still a reader....and it looks like the test measured you up just right!

Carl Trimble said...

I wish my life was that patterened.
But I make a living in manufacturing and its all about change, and reacting to them. Some times I do well some times I don't. As you know being your Dad.

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can phrase that I agree with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is still a without question as you did in the decrease efflux of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=power video converter 1.6.1 ?
I noticed the utter you suffer with not used. Or you use the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I have a week and do necheg