CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Respect

The last few days I have wanted to blog but have not been sure what to say. I'm going to get back to just saying what I experience. Tonight I saw a commercial for the Army. It brought me back to high school when I wasn't sure what I wanted to do after I graduated. My Dad said "join the Army", I about died. I thought I needed to play soccer and go to some college to do what my friends were going to do. Everyone I knew was going to college. I'm not big on change and doing something that my friend weren't doing was well, just crazy. That was before this war and the friends that I made here in Wichita Falls. I have been thinking a lot this week and it really hit home about the sacrifice that our troops make even today. My wife, Kelly, attended the one year memorial for Troy Gilbert who sacrificed his life for our country one year age last week. Our men and women are still defending America and sacrificing their lives each day. I will make sure to observe the people that work every day for our freedom. My point is simple - I appreciate everything the troops do and have done for our country.

Later

1 comments:

Carl Trimble said...

Good blog son