CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 31, 2007

Advice

Hola', I'm not going to spend three paragraphs summarizing how our Christmas was. I don't have the energy to go through every gift nor do ya'll care. Please don't give me the "yea we care what you got" speech either! I really appreciated my gifts and am looking forward to hanging, wearing and using them.
I did get the chance to read the Tony Dungy book Quiet Strength. I loved it - he has a great ability to combine his story with different lessons he learned through God. He also applies scripture throughout the book. I'm sure it has been read by many non Christians and I pray the impact is awesome. It really has changed my attitude in coaching and helped with different situations I run into during my season.
I'm on my end of the year quest to get as many books read as possible to add to my yearly total. I'm usually good about this but I'm going to go ahead and throw out a suggestion that works for me - just in case it may work for you. I try to read 15 books a year - not the advice yet. I advise ya'll to keep track of movies or books that you see/read. You would be amazed at when you saw a movie or what you thought of a book you read three years ago. I have tracked these things since 2000 and its fun to go back and see what I thought or when I saw something. This may have more to do with my personality than anything but its fun for me to do. On that subject Kel and I saw I Am Legend I liked it - its not an all time favorite but worth seeing once.

Later

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Do you keep track in a journal or on the computer? It is a very interesting idea I just don't know if I could keep up with it. You should read Deanna Favre book. I think your wife has it and it is a very inspiring read.