CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Surviving Survival MSU

If you read my wife's blog you understand the deal. Its basically Survivor here at MSU. We have a small Lake on campus and plenty of land behind the lake for camping. So two tribes basically camp about three hundred yards from each other. All they got to start out was four two by fours and tarp - with a little rope. They had to buid their shelters the first day and wammy thats their house/hut. They got beans and rice to cook over their campfire that they have to make. No blankets or pillows just good ole mother nature and tarp. Its really going well. We have three video cameras on them all the time and we will turn the footage over to the campus T.V. station to make into a DVD to give to the contestants and sell to the students. We have reward challenges, immunity challenges, tribal council, mergers, alliances, a girl mooning the camera ( she told someone on the other tribe to kiss her a**), crying, cussing and all on camera with me hosting the whole thing. Ronnie Hoffart our brillant assistant director of student center activities planned the whole thing. It was done great. All I do is say what I observe and be my normal, sarcastic, jerk self at Tribal Council. I really do admire these students they have worked hard and are now down to 6 left. Unfortunately at the merge the one tribe had 5 to the others 3 - so the three are getting picked apart right now. I have to try to stay impartial through the whole thing and I'm having a lot of fun!! I'll give you an update on who's winning later!

You can meet the contestants at http://students.mwsu.edu/studentactivities/survival.asp
Clide, Pierre, Sherri, Carrie and Jessica are the tribe that have an alliance, Cody is left by himself from the old tribe.

Later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pierre's photo looks like a mug shot. Did you guys run a background check before sending him into the wilderness????

Josh

Kirk Wimberley said...

I must say...I'm a little envious of you. That sounds like a blast!! Hopefully there's no Richard (gay fat guy running around naked).