CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Bus Trip?

Well we arrived back from our Colorado trip at 4:00 a.m. on Monday morning. The guys team beat us by an hour (they were in Colorado also) but on their way back they had a stop sign blow in front of them on the road. There was a really bad storm and the sign got uprooted. So they run over the sign and it gets caught up under the bus - well a mile down the road it comes up through the bottom of the bus and misses the bus drivers feet by about 6 inches. Crazy!! The highway patrol has to be called and they had to sit there for an hour getting the whole thing worked out. The only good thing was - it wasn't our bus so no drama for us. We did well there, we split the two games but I knew that could happen. The second team we played (Regis University) was number 12 in the nation and they crushed us. I was not happy about that but I know my 11 freshmen got awakened by the game so hopefully we get good results from here on out.
Kelly has kind of kept everyone up on the tragedy that has hit some of the people I know. I'm telling you life goes along for a while and then wham things hit people around you and you start to wonder when things may happen that will greatly change your life. Well at least thats me - you people are probably optimists so never mind.
I'm in three fantasy football leagues so I officially will be rooting for every individual player in the NFL to do well. I have to win one league with those odds right? I'm just going to try to keep up with who is on my roster and keep the players who are playing that week in the line up. No one wants to be the geek that starts a player thats not even playing. That would be like Kelly going to Target to buy stuff she doesn't need - hmmm. Or Josh driving without a seat belt in his driveway. Or even Mrs Turner not spending money for three hours - just flat out crazy stuff!!! I would make an analogy about Kirk but I have no clue what he does - apparently something with money and stocks - not sure maybe money and stock cars or a stockyard. I'll find out from him this weekend and get back to everyone.

Later

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Laughing out loud - you kill me!

Alyssa said...

too Funny, and I could probably make it 24 hours. today I did hit a good online sale at Gymbboree. i am trying to drag your wife with me to the flee market when I go to Texas, but arranging babysitting is just not quite working. I am sure we could find a way to squeeze some shopping in in the big WF!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the new look!! Who gets credit for it? Love the pics of ALL the boys too. Congrats on your win in Colorado!

Kirk Wimberley said...

You're exactly right Jeff, it would be like me stashing money in the glovebox of a stock car in a stockyard. Crazy stuff I tell ya...